Monday, August 5, 2013

A Month From Today.......

A month from today Megan will be on her way for her first 3 months in Ethiopia. Reality is setting in that in a few short weeks she will be half way around the world and so she is soaking up every moment with friends and family! You can read below a letter from Megan and I am asking that you pray about how you can be a part of her upcoming journey. She has her finances covered for most of the first three months but then only has a commitment of $25 a month for the second half of the school year. We know that God will provide all that is needed as she follows close to Him and where He is leading her! Please contact me if you want to be a part..........Excited for what is ahead:



Dear Friends and Family,

As many of you know, I graduated high school last month.  Now that the celebrations are done, I am ready to focus on what is next for me.  For the past 6 months I have felt God leading me to invest the next year of my life in serving children who are in desperate circumstances in Ethiopia.  I have investigated several options and believe that God has led me to serve as an intern with Blessing The Children. 

You can find out more about Blessing The Children by going to www.blessingthechildren.org  They have a long history and a great track record of effectively caring for the needs of children who are orphans or are in serious danger of becoming orphans.  They have been effective in stepping in to provide stability, education, hope and help. I will be working at the Adana Children Center in Debre Zeyit.  “Adana” is the Amharic word that simply means “RESCUE.”  It is what I want the next season of my life to be about.

My days in Ethiopia will consist of me working in a school each morning with over 150 children in the Debre Zeyit area. Each of these children are in a sponsorship program that provides education and basic needs for them to be able to either stay with their family or with a foster family. I will be very involved with the sponsorship portion of this ministry by helping to deliver food, basic needs and provide communication between sponsors and the children. 

As I go, I will need some strong support both through prayers and finances.  I am inviting you to join me on this journey. I will be sending updates for specific prayer requests while I am away and I still need to raise money in order for me to serve this next school year.  I was blessed during graduation that so many of you chose to give towards this upcoming trip. I received about 20% of what was needed for graduation and now it is time for me to raise the rest. 
Here is a breakdown of my financial needs:

One time costs:  $ 4,500.00  Airfare (to and from Ethiopia twice)
                             250.00       Shots (updates)
                             100.00       Visa and Passport Updates

Monthly expense  $575.00/month   Blessing the Children (housing and meals)

 Total      $10,025.00     Total needed 
         -     $2,100.00        Graduation gifts

                $7,925.00      Remaining Need

If you would like to be a part of the financial team or the prayer team please email me at Henderson.Megan96@yahoo.com . I am trusting that God will provide all that is needed for me to serve Him over the next nine months. I look forward to sending out frequent updates and I will be blogging and sharing photos along the journey. I am excited that He has called me and I look forward to having you and your family join me on this exciting journey.  

I would ask that you join me in praying for :

God to go before me and come behind me
God to protect me as I travel and serve
Finances to be covered
The team that I will work with to be unified
The children to feel God’s love as I care for them
Opportunities for me to boldly share Christ with those who do not know Him
Time with Tia, Garrett and Lemi’s birth families who live close by                                                               

I am excited about the days ahead and look forward to all that God is going to do as I step out on faith and follow Him.


Thanks for your love and support as I chase after Him,


Megan Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment