Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Had a Dream........


Each night at bedtime Garrett usually shares a story or two (or ten) with me as I tuck him in. I love listening to him share his life with me and always wish we had more hours for bedtime tuck-in. I cherish this priceless time with my son and I am so thankful for it. Tonight was no different yet I was overwhelmed with what he shared with me. During our devotion time tonight we talked about God's power and how He provides for our needs and so maybe this sparked his memory of what he shared with me tonight.


He shared that after David and I had visited him last year that he had a dream while he was sleeping one night in the orphanage. He told me that he dreamed that he was in America and had fallen into some water and could not get up out of the water. He then explained that his daddy came in the water and pulled him up out of the water and saved him. He then went on to share that after David rescued him they played and played all day together.


As he gave great detail to me of this very vivid dream tonight, my eyes once again were overflowing with tears. My son had been given a very real dream of just what was happening in his little life and he really had no idea that his life was mirroring this dream. He still has no idea the decisions Werke has made, the orphanage staff has made, the Ethiopian Govenment has made, and our family has made for him to be here with us right where he belongs nor does he understand the impact of each of those decisions.


As I left his room tonight I thought about the 147 million kids who are fatherless tonight. My hope and prayer is that they would be able to experience this very dream and see it come true in their precious lives just as Garrett has. I stopped and prayed that daddy's all over the world would see that their are millions of children in need of someone to jump into the water and rescue them.


What about you? Are you willing to jump in and allow God to use you to be His hands and feet to a child who needs a daddy or mommy?


I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you- John 14:18
Father to the fatherless, defender of widows- this is God, whose dwelling is holy- Psalm 68:5



No comments:

Post a Comment