Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our First Year Home



A year ago we were making our way home- Never in a million years could I have guessed what an amazing homecoming we would arrive home to. I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love at the airport and it was priceless to bring Tia and Garrett into our home for the first time. To see them explore every square inch of our home, open every cabinet and drawer, turn on every light, run water in each sink or tub, climb on their beds, looking at each toy, turning on and off the remote controlled ceiling fan, opening the pantry full of food, seeing the ovens in the wall, pouring water out of the fridge, and both grinning from ear to ear.
To think of all that they have experienced in one short year is mind blowing to me. To remember that a year ago they knew very little English when we arrived home amazes me as I hear them speak and read. To see them feel so comfortable in our home and with us is something that we prayed for and it is a joy to experience. Just yesterday Tia and one of her siblings were in a little disagreement and David said to me, "This is what we wanted for Tia and Garrett to act like siblings with Megan, Kaylee, Jacob and Lindsay!" I smiled as I agreed and praised God again for a year that has exceeded all of my dreams and expectations.

3 comments:

  1. Great Video!!! Thanks so much for sharing your journey. ALL of it the ups and downs!! I love to tell your journey to non-belivers and watch their face as I tell them how God moved mountains for you all!!! Blessed and Thankful to know and Love you guys!!!
    Now...to get the new McKeehan home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome! Awesome family! Awesome God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love the video, Mendy! Blessed to be a part of y'alls lives. ~k

    ReplyDelete